Vitamin D Shots in Medway
We don’t make enough vitamin D for our needs in the UK - in fact it is thought that around 20% of the UK population is deficient in Vitamin D!
Vitamin D helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body. These nutrients are needed to keep bones, teeth and muscles healthy. A lack of vitamin D can lead to bone deformities such as rickets in children, and bone pain caused by a condition called osteomalacia in adults.
What are the benefits of vitamin D shots?
Vitamin D ingested orally can take weeks, even months, to have an impact on your health – and much of the dose is lost when it is converted in the gut.
However vitamin D shots have a much more immediate impact – some patients report feeling the effects right away. And a much higher percentage of the vitamins can be utilised by the body.
- Helps prevent osteoporosis
- Helps reduce inflammation
- Maintains bone density and bone health
- Supports the immune system
- Regulates the activity of more than 200 different genes
- Aids the absorption of calcium and phosphate in the body
- Protects against heart disease
- Supports brain function
- Modulates cell growth
- May help protect against respiratory infections
- May alleviate symptoms of arthritis (research is ongoing but shows promising results)
To find out more or book an appointment please do contact us directly or book an appointment