AQP FULL BODY MUSCULOSKELETAL SERVICES
City Way Health is pleased to offer this service under the Governments Any Qualified Provider (AQP) agenda. This allows patients of Medway Towns including Rochester, Gillingham, Chatham, Strood, Rainham and Walderslade, to be referred by their GP (and other selected health professionals) for their musculoskeletal treatment.
City Way Health was selected as one of the specialist providers for Medway from huge tendering process with specific criteria to fulfil as outlined by Medway Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
Our team of highly qualified and experienced Registered Osteopaths offer an approach that treats the whole body and person not just the complaint.
Our team of Osteopaths are highly skilled at dealing with complex spinal musculoskeletal complaints that perhaps have not responded to other types of physiotherapy treatment. Our team also has a wealth of knowledge in fracture and post-surgical rehabilitation.
Patients that are eligible for treatment under the AQP musculoskeletal service include but not limited to:
- Neck and back problems (whip lash, sciatica, chronic back pain).
- Lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) and medical epicondylitis.
- Frozen shoulder.
- Upper limb tendonitis.
- Sports injuries.
- Ante-natal/post-natal patients (including treatment after 35 weeks).
- Post-op patients (defined as those patients who have completed inpatient physiotherapy following surgery and require physiotherapy in the community, they do not have to be discharged from their consultant to access this service).
- Patients who have attended the Emergency Department (ED) but do not require a follow up appointment at a fracture clinic.
- Patients over 16 years of age.
- Patients registered with a Medway GP.
- Suspicions of serious pathology or red flag symptoms.
- Patients under the age of 16 years.
- Patients that do not meet the referral criteria.
- Housebound patients.
- Patients not registered with a Medway CCG practice.
- Patient with pain originating from non-MSK cause.
- Post hospital discharge patients (surgery or traumas) who currently have physiotherapy provided as part of their secondary care episode.
- Patients who have had the presenting condition for less than 6 weeks (unless urgent see criteria).
- Patients with conditions unlikely to benefit from conservative physiotherapy management.
- Patients with a neurological condition which requires physiotherapy.
- Those who have previously not responded to physiotherapy treatment for the same presenting condition unless there are good indications that further treatment will provide improved outcomes.
- Patients who have been seen in the preceding six months for the same presenting symptom.
- Patients who require diagnostic investigations which should be completed prior to referral. Where a provider considers that further diagnostic investigation is required, such as x-ray, ultra–sound or MRI, this should be discussed with the referring clinician and should not be performed by the provider.
- Self-referral (defined as self-presenting) into this service is not allowed and will not be funded by Medway CCG.
- Patients at high risk of cerebral vascular disease should not have grade 5 manipulations of the cervical spine.
Referrals can be made via e-Referrals or via a MSK Physiotherapy Referral Form emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All received referrals will be processed with 48 hours of being received and we aim to have the patient an appointment within 2 weeks.
For further information or questions please contact us directly