Simple tips you can start today to help avoid Type 2 Diabetes
Our Rochester Osteopaths reveal the simple tips to help you avoid developing Type 2 Diabetes
Sadly, every 10 seconds someone dies from a Diabetes related cause. Over 300 million people, worldwide, have type 2 Diabetes!
Yet Type 2 Diabtetes can be avoided through proper nutrition and regular exercise - and by following these simple tips:
- Do whatever it takes to get to a healthy weight and maintain it.
- Make exercise a priority. Walking for just 30 minutes a day reduces your risk by 30%.
- Eliminate processed and refined Carbohydrates, such as white bread, white pasta, white rice, fizzy drinks, sugary sweets etc.
- Focus on real food. A diet high in colourful vegetables, beans, fresh fruits & 100% whole grains lowers your risk significantly.
- Choose healthy fats in foods like nuts, seeds, salmon, tuna and olive oil.
- Don’t smoke. Smokers are 50% more likely to develop diabetes.
For any help or advice from our inhouse Nutritionist contact us directly