12 benefits of exercising during and post Lockdown
Our Rochester Clinic explain how exercise can benefit you both mentally and physically
Lockdown has certainly encouraged more of us to get out and exercise and there certainly hasn’t been a shortage of ideas including garden marathons, online PE classes and our very own virtual Pilates classes.
However, if you are struggling to get motivated (and understandably so) then here are our own reasons to think about getting active:
- Reduces stress and anxiety as it activates your endorphins which encourage a high and a sense of well-being.
- Provides a moment of escape from what’s going on in the world – thus providing you with some much needed time out.
- Strengthens your bones and joints, which may decrease your chance of developing Osteoporosis.
- Strengthens your immune system, which can help improve your resistance to some illnesses.
- Decreases your appetite, which may be a huge benefit for those looking at improving all round health and wellbeing.
- Strengthens both the heart and lungs so that they can work more efficiently.
- Helps improve your social skills and self-esteem, especially if the exercise is within a group (virtually or in person).
- Motivates us to reach personal or professional goals by helping to create a positive and clearer mind-set.
- Increases your stamina and endurance - making it easier for exercise to become a natural habit.
- Decreases your blood pressure and blood cholesterol.
- Helps reduce the risk of heart disease and a stroke.
- Can help aid in the recovery and rehabilitation for some injuries (please always seek the advice of an expert beforehand)
For any help or advice please contact us directly