Following the announcment of the National Lockdown guidelines on Monday 4 January 2021, we want to reinforce that we as an Osteopathy clinic remain open with business as usual. Osteopathy is classed as a medical appointment under Government guidelines which means we are key workers. We are registered with the General Osteopathic Council and our regulation works in much the same way as regulation for medical doctors. This means we are recognised by the Government as a primary healthcare practitioner.
We do want to take this opportunity to stress that the health and safety of our patients and staff is our upmost priority and if you want to check our Covid policies in place please see below:
Osteopathy, Massage, Chiropody/Podiatry
1. If you are experiencing any symptoms of cold or flu such as a sore throat, cough or fever please DO NOT attend your appointment. Please call to let us know and to rearrange your appointment for a later date. We reserve the right to refuse to treat you if we believe you are putting our staff and other patients at risk.
2. We are treating all patients, however if you are a ‘high risk’ person such as immunocompromised; have pre-existing medical conditions or are over 70 you should follow World Health Organisation advice and stay at home unless completely necessary.
3. All patients when entering the clinic must wash their hands or use the hand sanitiser provided before seeing their clinician.
4. As an extra precaution we will be taking temperatures with a contactless thermometer on your arrival. Your temperature must be below 37.8°C.
5. We have 3 separate waiting areas to help maintain social distancing, the reception team will advise you on where to wait dependent on which practitioner you are seeing.
6. For your protection, our clinicians will be wearing surgical face masks and protective gowns during treatment. If you feel more comfortable please feel free to wear your own face mask.
7. Extra will be allocated between appointments to allow more time for cleaning and to support social distancing. This means appointment times will be more variable than previously. Please take note of your appointment confirmation and reminder text messages and emails.
8. Please do not arrive early for your appointment as this may lead to unnecessary contact. Please wait in your car until your exact appointment time.
9. When moving through the clinic please try to maintain social distancing measures wherever possible.
10. Card payments are preferable in these circumstances.
11. Feel free to bring your own towel with you for more comfort during your treatment.
12. We are continuing our virtual and phone consultations for those that prefer not to attend the clinic in person - you can view these by clicking here.
As of Sunday 20th December we will be returning to the online platform for all appointments and classes.
Luckily our online platform is up and ready and for those of you who have continued with virtual classes and individual appointments, nothing will change.
We are very disappointed to not be able to see those who have returned to our amazing new studio for their face to face classes and appointments for the next 4 weeks. I do hope to see you all virtually, but completely understand peoples preferences. Please let us know the following:
Those who have private lessons:
If you have any questions, please just contact us directly.
We ask everyone attending the clinic to adhere to these new measures to keep you, our staff and the other patients safe.
Please feel free to contact us on 01634 403 403 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Thank you for your continued support and we hope you continue to stay well and safe
David Kennett and Chris Allen